Why you Should Leave your Washing Machine Door Open and Other Tips
Ewww- what is that smell and why do my clean clothes smell bad?
If you have a washing machine in your Charlotte, NC, home, especially a front loader, you probably know they have a tendency to grow mold over time.
- The most important way to combat any mold and mildew growth is by leaving the door open whenever the washer is not in use. It is also important to pull out the detergent drawer at the same time.
- Letting your washer dry out is imperative, so we also recommend transferring clean clothes to your dryer as soon as possible.
- Moving clothes over quickly protects both the washer and your clothes from unwanted scents.
- Wiping the drum, door and gasket monthly keeps scents out of the washer and off of your clothes. Using equal parts of vinegar and water is a safe and natural way to clean without putting your clothes at risk of stains.
- When cleaning your washer you should also run an empty load with two cups of vinegar.
- The right amount and kind of detergent is also important to avoid a buildup of residue.
- Make sure you are only using a high-efficiency detergent in a high-efficiency machine, and always use the amounts recommended on the detergent bottle.
To watch this in action, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEgcgan9XOg
Want to more about us? Please check out our other pages: