Turn the Water Off! Hurry!!!
If you don't know where or how to turn off the water at your property, read on!
If you experience a water loss at your Charlotte property, shutting off the water supply valve can help protect your home from severe damage. If you aren’t prepared to shut-off the water supply in an emergency, hundreds of gallons of water can enter your home while waiting for help! We have seen this happen!
Where should you look for the water shutoff?
- The master shut-off valve is located on the inside of the house near where the outdoor meter is located.
- If your home has a basement or crawlspace the shut-off valve is probably located on the wall closest to the street.
- If your home is built on a slab and has no basement the valve is most likely in the garage or near the hot water heater.
Found it! Now what?
- Once you find the valve, it will either be a ball valve or a gate valve. What is a ball valve, you ask? A ball valve means there should just be a handle to turn perpendicular, if it is a gate valve turn the handle clockwise.
- The water should turn off.
Now, take a breath and call in a water specialist to mitigate the water. One call to SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County, and we will handle the rest- and you can get some rest!
Want to know more? Visit us at one of our sites below!