Where To Install Smoke Alarms In Your Charlotte NC Home
SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County wants you to be safe!
Having smoke alarms in your Charlotte NC home and business is an important way to protect your property from excessive damage and save lives.
Did you know that where you install them matters?
- It is important to place smoke detectors in the best locations to fully protect your home or business.
- Follow these steps from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Choose smoke alarms that are tested by a recognized laboratory
- Put a smoke detector in each bedroom
- Install alarms in the living room, den, and or family room
- Place alarms at the base of any stairs
- Smoke alarms should always be at least 10 feet away from any cooking appliances
- Never install an alarm more than one foot away from the ceiling
- Don’t install alarms near windows, doors or other drafty areas.
- Don’t paint over alarms as it can interfere with the device
To find more information on placement and testing smoke alarms please visit the National Fire Protection Association website.
If your home or your business experiences fire damage, please call SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County to make it "Like it never even happened." Stay Safe!