Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors From Your Home
When you think of home you probably think of a warm, cozy place that smells and feels great. Unfortunately, the smoke from a lit cigarette has a very distinct smell that can be very difficult to rid your home of.
Cigarette smoke is the result of the components of a cigarette being burned. This smoke can permeate throughout the surrounding areas of the smoking area. The creation of tar is a result of burning a cigarette and tar can stain surfaces while carrying a scent. This can result in an oily substance that can only be removed from surfaces through the use of advanced cleaning solutions.
There are both professional and DIY methods of eliminating the odor from your home. We have compiled a list of some of the best ways to get your home smelling like new.
- Candles are a great way to freshen up your home and are an extremely simple solution to mask smells for a short period of time. They quickly fill a room with a soothing scent that can last for hours. Unfortunately, candles are a fire hazard and should be used very carefully. There are many candle alternatives that get the job done just as well as candles, without the risk of fire.
- Wash and scrub all of the surfaces in the area you are trying to freshen up. This goes for the outside of the home as well. Repaint surfaces like walls and ceilings after a thorough cleaning.
- Wash all clothing and other washable fabrics, as the fabrics can carry the scent throughout your home. Even clothes that may not smell strongly should be washed, as the smell of smoke can easily transfer from one item to another.
- Clean all of your rugs, carpets, and curtains. Have them steamed and use an odor neutralizing agent to assist in the scent removal.
- Leave your windows open for as long as possible so that the scent can be diffused by the air from outside.
While all of these DIY methods can solve a minor cigarette smoke problem, serious smoke odor requires a more serious solution.
Ozone generators can be extremely effective in eliminating odors from the home. These machines are portable and can be brought to and from a home with ease. The ozone generators produce unstable hydrogen molecules that are used to remove any unwanted odors from your home. The machine will not damage the property or leave any lasting marks and will permanently eliminate nasty odors. SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County has an ozone generator and we can get your home smelling good as new!
DIY methods can be a wonderful solution to minor problems but, if you try these methods and are still noticing a lingering odor, call us at (704) 840-6112. Our expert team has the tools to thoroughly clean the contents of your home, and remove the odor from your home's structure.
Want to know more about us? Please check out our other pages: