Don’t Drown in Work, or Office Flooding!
As scary and devastating as a flood can be, SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County wants you to be safe and let us handle the mess!
If you have a water emergency- call us now! (704) 840-6112. We will be on the way to help you ASAP!
What should I do or not do while I wait for SERVPRO to arrive?
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Want to know more about us? Please check out our other pages: