I Have Damage From Water. What Do I Do Next?
If your Charlotte, NC, home has experienced water damage make sure to take these seven steps to protect yourself and your home.
- Calling SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County should be the second call you make. You can even call us first, and we can begin mitigation immediately! We will help you work with your insurance company.
- Call Your Insurance Company- Calling your insurance company should be one of the calls made after a water disaster.
- Later, an adjuster will be sent to your home to assess the damage and determine coverage. Don't worry, SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County will handle everything with the insurance company for you!
Important Note! It is important to know whether your home insurance policy includes flood insurance, as some do not. We encourage you to check BEFORE you have a loss.
What can you do while you wait for us to arrive?
- Take Precautions When Entering Your Home. If there is water in your home it is important to keep yourself and your family safe when re-entering.
- Be sure to follow CDC guidelines along with these tips below.
- The first step should always be to turn off power sources in the affected areas of the home to minimize the risk of electrocution.
- Make sure to wear protective gear such as rubber boots and gloves to protect against bacteria if the water is from sewage, flood, or toilet.
SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County is “faster to any size disaster,” including your flooded home because getting water out quickly can prevent further damage and ensure your safety.
Want to know more? Visit us at one of our sites below!