Is There Water Behind That Wall or Under That Flooring?
A water loss is something that always requires immediate attention, and should be remediated by professionals.
Water damage can come from many sources in your Charlotte, NC, home.
- Most types of water damage, like burst pipes and floods, are easy to notice, but leaks behind walls and under the flooring are not always so easy to see.
- By the time homeowners see a leak coming from the wall, ceiling, or flooring, it has often caused a significant amount of damage.
- Leaks hidden in walls can be especially difficult because flooring, drywall, support beams and sheetrock can absorb the water.
- If a leak is left long enough it can cause structural damage in your home and raise restoration costs.
Even though you think you have dried it up with that mound of towels and put a fan on it for a few days, the water is most like still there. It can often seem invisible, but there are a few signs to look out for:
- Musty odors
- Flaking or peeling paint
- Mold growth on walls, ceilings and baseboards
- Visible water stains
- Warping walls and flooring
SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County has the expertise and state of the art equipment to help you discover the source and the extent of the damage.
If you suspect sudden or long term water damage in your home, make sure you call SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County (704) 840-6112 to make it "Like it never even happened."