Advanced Technology and Techniques
SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County adheres to The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to set our practical standards for restoration and cleaning. We recognize there has been a rapid advancement in the technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. We use these advancements to allow SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County professionals to restore our South Charlotte neighbor's property back to preloss condition efficiently, safely, and successfully.
Our technicians have state of the art equipment to locate unseen water, extract water quickly, obtain atmospheric readings in and outside of you home or business within seconds, dry areas to within tolerance quickly, remove smoke and soot, remediate soiled carpets and contents, and eliminate odors at their source. The next time one of technicians are working for you, feel free to ask them about their equipment- some of the equipment is actually fascinating and fun to watch in action!
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.